Either "Fundamentals of Public Participation and Engagement (Level 1 practitioners)" or "IAP2 Way in Challenging Contexts (Level 2 practitioners)" is a prerequisite for this course. Learn more
Designing & Leading Engagement is a Level 2 course that introduces practitioners to the design and plan phases of the practice framework, providing them with the opportunity to develop public participation and engagement practice plans. This includes scoping, community mapping, determining purpose and objectives and levels of influence, choosing appropriate methods and managing resources, while considering the needs of diverse audiences.Register Now!
By the end of this course, participants will be able to design an engagement process and plan for a real-world scenario, including:
- Plan a clear scope of the work, problem or opportunity with identified negotiables and non-negotiables
- Conduct detailed stakeholder analysis, community mapping and equity analysis
- Identify appropriate roles and levels of influence for key players
- Establish clear engagement purpose and objectives and success criteria/measures to suit the scenario
- Identify relevant profiles of engagement
- Conduct a detailed risk/opportunities analysis
- Choose and sequence appropriate methods (in-person and digital) and identify communication tactics to suit the scenario
- Identify key roles for senior leaders and decision makers
- Explore principles and approaches for equity, diversity and inclusion and apply them to stakeholder analysis
- Embed digital strategies, platforms, and methods as part of the plan and process
- Develop an evaluation framework to suit the scenario
- Identify key roles and resources needed to implement the P2/engagement plan
- Develop and apply a suitable pitch to senior leaders that will secure commitment and resources for the P2/engagement plan
- Identify the many different contexts of engagement including the elements present in more complex engagement scenarios
- Practitioners who are leading the planning and implementation of public participation and engagement practice processes
- Participants who will be involved in the design and planning of public participation and engagement practice processes
This is an IAP2 Canada core training course delivered externally by a IAP2 licensed trainer.
This is a 12-hour, trainer-led Delaney Virtual Academy. Zoom and Google Suites (digital workbook provided at course end) are used, in addition to other applications, to make this a highly interactive and skills-based session. There are four, three-hour sessions over four consecutive days. Each daily session runs 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time; 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
Prerequisite:Fundamentals of P2 and Engagement is a prerequisite for this course.
$795.00 + applicable taxRegister Now!
Our Licensed Trainer:
Jessica Delaney is a seasoned engagement and communications professional with 15 years of experience working with government, private and not-for-profit sectors.
She provides clients with engagement, facilitation and strategic communications services in her strength sectors that include municipal government, sustainable housing, and healthcare. Jessica has planned, implemented and reported on over 100 comprehensive and inclusive engagements using a variety of in-person and online engagement techniques. Her approach to community, public, stakeholder and Indigenous engagement is to make it safe, inclusive, fun and practical.
Learn more at http://www.rmdelaney.com/