Prerequisite for Designing P2 and Engagement and Applying Methods (for Level 1 practitioners) - IAP2 Canada Certificate in Public Participation.
The focus of this course is on understanding and applying the practices of meaningful and effective public participation (P2). The training explores principles, concepts, and best practices, and how to design and apply this knowledge to your public participation and engagement work.
Bundle Discount Available!Register Now!
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define public participation and engagement and related terms and what makes it unique
- Identify what makes public participation and engagement meaningful
- Reflect on the benefits, risks and myths related to public participation and engagement
- Identify and discuss IAP2 five core foundations in their application to public participation and engagement work
- Identify the role that values (seven core values) play in public participation and engagement work and the leadership attributes that will serve them as they practice
- Understand the IAP2 Spectrum of public Participation and rationale for the increasing intensity as decision impacts
- Reflect on and apply ethical leadership actions and abilities to public participation and engagement situations
- Apply the Profiles of public participation and engagement model to public participation and engagement and explore organization-led and community-led engagement and how that impacts the engagement process
- Reflect on and apply the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and explore the role of power and influence and its impacts on the approach to public participation and engagement
- Apply the IAP2 spectrum to public participation and engagement situations and practice
- Explore the Practice Framework (design, plan, implement, learn) as a tool for effective planning and process, and assess the quality of the process
- New practitioners beginning their journey in engagement
- Anyone working in the field or a related field who wants to understand and apply the fundamentals of meaningful and effective public participation and engagement practice
This is an IAP2 Canada core training course delivered externally by a IAP2 licensed trainer.
This is a six-hour, trainer-led Delaney Virtual Academy. Zoom and Google Suites (digital workbook used for exercises and provided at completion) are used, in addition to other applications, to make this a highly interactive and skills-based session. There are three, two-hour sessions over three consecutive days. Each daily session runs 9:30 – 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time; 12:30 – 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
There is no prerequisite.
$395.00 + applicable tax - Engage Delaney is offering a $100 bundle discount when you book the three IAP2 Certificate courses (Fundamentals of P2, Designing P2, and Applying Methods) with us. You can select the courses in a given 12-month period but must pay for all three courses at the same time.
Our Licensed Trainers:
Jessica Delaney is a seasoned engagement and communications professional with 15 years of experience working with government, private and not-for-profit sectors.
She provides clients with engagement, facilitation and strategic communications services in her strength sectors that include municipal government, sustainable housing, and healthcare. Jessica has planned, implemented and reported on over 100 comprehensive and inclusive engagements using a variety of in-person and online engagement techniques. Her approach to community, public, stakeholder and Indigenous engagement is to make it safe, inclusive, fun and practical.
Learn more at http://www.rmdelaney.com/