Closing Date: May 25, 2022
Division: Strategy and Transformation
Department: Communications and Public Engagement
Term: 1 Permanent Full Time position(s) available.
This position is responsible for enhancing the City of Saskatoon’s public engagement framework, as well as leading strategic public engagement activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains, evaluates, and continuously improves the effectiveness of public engagement procedures, processes, and tools.
- Identifies and addresses systemic barriers to public engagement.
- Develops and executes engagement strategies and plans for key City initiatives.
- Develops and leads the implementation of a public engagement training program for City management and staff.
- Develops, implements, and manages a stakeholder management strategy.
- Administers advisory groups that reflect Saskatoon’s diverse community, such as the Indigenous Technical Advisory Group.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive online engagement strategy.
- Provides statistical advice and evaluation to qualitative and quantitative research, survey design, data analysis, reporting, and other components of the public engagement process.
- Build relationships and partnerships with community groups and other organizations to support mutually beneficial public engagement outcomes.
- Explores external grant opportunities for supporting improvements to the public engagement framework.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: Human/Social Sciences, Education, Planning, Business or related field. A Master’s Degree would be an asset.
- Six years' related experience in a public engagement or community consultation role combined with experience in stakeholder management, project management and strategic communications.
- Ability to obtain the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) certificate or similar training.
- Experience in a variety of public engagement functions, including designing and implementing engagement processes and programs.
- Experience helping people work together.
- Experience leading and managing change, building organizational talent, and empowering people to achieve outcomes.
- Experience in research and analytics.
- Experience with community capacity building, fostering agency support and building relationships and strategic partnerships.
- Experience writing professional reports and presenting to an audience.
- Considerable knowledge of emerging engagement techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with issues management and conflict resolution in a political environment.
- Knowledge of the diversity of Saskatoon’s communities.
- Experience building relationships and working with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive information.
Please click here for more information and to apply