Good, because we’re interested in you!
IAP2 Canada is planning on hosting Learning Webinars for our members on a regular basis, about every 2 months. We want these to come from our peers and colleagues, to share with all of us your examples, ideas and stories of your public participation experiences.
If you have something you think would make a great Webinar, here’s what we’re looking for:
1) Criteria for Topics
2) Criteria for Presenters
- best practices in P2
- alignment with core values
- hot topics
- demonstrate innovation
- highlight current research and findings in the field
- revelations for improvement/lessons learned
- link to Communities of Practice
- NOT an advertisement for a product or company
Presenters need to be able to develop and deliver presentations that are stimulating and interactive, generate discussion and engagement and hold peoples attention. This requires an understanding and consideration of the benefits, limitations and best practices in delivering webinars. Some things to consider: use of videos, reflection questions and polls. And that you do all of this within one hour.
And here’s what we need from you
- A brief description of your topic
- An explanation of how it meets, at a minimum, three of the Criteria for Topics
- An explanation of how you meet the Criteria for Presenters and the techniques and approaches you will use to help you, and
- What months you would be interested and available to deliver
Please submit your great ideas to Tannis